Effective as of July, 2020
Acceptance of Terms
The Information We Collect and/or Receive
In the course of operating the Platform and/or interacting with you, WTO will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information, which may include personal information. You authorize us to collect and/or receive such information.
- Personal Information
We do not collect any personal information from you, unless you provide it voluntarily, such as by registering with us, sending us an e-mail, or interacting with us via our social media pages. To register an account on the App, you must provide an email address. In addition, you have the option of providing three pieces of demographic data on the App: (i) your birthdate, (ii) your home zip code, and (iii) your gender. To gain access to the Menu Manager and Insight Monitor, you must provide your name, email address, your business or company name and your title.
- Payment Information
If you purchase access to the Insight Monitor, to process your payment, you will be required to provide to us certain billing information, which may include a credit card number, expiration date, bank account information, billing address, activation code, and similar information (collectively, “Payment Information”). You authorize our third-party payment vendors to collect, process, and store such Payment Information in accordance with their respective privacy policies. We reserve the right to change our payment vendors at any time, or to use additional payment vendors, at our discretion. By purchasing access to the Insight Monitor, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions and privacy policies of our third-party payment vendors.
- Geolocational Information
While you are using the Platform on a mobile device, we may, with your consent, automatically collect geolocational information from your mobile device, wireless carrier, and/or certain third-party service providers. Such information is collectively called the “Geolocational Information.” Collection of Geolocational Information occurs only when the Platform is running on your mobile device. You may decline to allow us to collect Geolocational Information, but if you do some of the core functionality of the Platform, such as a “current location”-based search, will be unavailable to you.
- Usage Information
We collect details regarding your activty on the App, including search queries, the application of search filters, navigation to various pages on the Platform, menu browsing activity, engagement with individual menu items, rating of locations or individual menu items, navigation to third-party sites such as reservation, delivery and review platforms, as well as other activities (the “Usage Information”).
This Usage Information is aggregated with the Usage Information generated by all other users of the Platform, and made available as part of access to the Insight Monitor. We have designed the Insight Monitor in such a way that individual user information cannot be identified, and thus we believe your activity on the App will effectively remain anonymous.
- Other Information.
In addition to the Personal Information, Payment Information, Geolocational Information and Usage Information, we may automatically collect or receive additional information regarding you and your use of our Platform as well as information regarding your computer or other devices used to access our Platform (collectively, the “Other Information”). We may use this information for purposes such as assisting in monitoring and troubleshooting errors and incidents, analyzing traffic, or optimizing the user experience. Such Other Information may include:
a. From Your Activity and Your Device
We may use information from your activity and your device for purposes such as assisting in monitoring and troubleshooting errors and incidents, analyzing traffic, or optimizing the user experience.
- IP address, which may consist of a static or dynamic IP address and will sometimes point to a specific identifiable computer or device;
- Browser type and language;
- Referring and exit pages and URLs;
- Date and time;
- Type of device;
- Advertising Identifier (“IDFA” or “AdID”);
- Operating system and version (e.g., iOS, Android or Windows);
- Geo-location; and
- Network type (WiFi, 3G, 4G, LTE).
b. From Cookies
We may collect information using “cookie” and other similar technologies. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive (or other storage medium) so that your computer will “remember” information about your use. We may use both first and third party session cookies and persistent cookies. Below is a general primer on session and persistent cookies; information collected by cookies depends on its particular purpose.
- Session Cookies: We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our Platform. A session ID cookie expires when you close the Platform.
- Persistent Cookies: A persistent cookie remains on your device for an extended period of time or until you delete them. To the extent we provide a log-in portal or related feature on our Platform, persistent cookies can be used to store your passwords so that you don’t have to enter it more than once.Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our visitors to personalize the experience on our Platform.
- authenticate users;
- personalize your experience;
- analyze which portions of the Platform are visited or used most frequently; and
- improve our advertising.
If you do not want WTO to deploy cookies in your browser, you can opt out by setting your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when a website tries to put a cookie in your browser software. If you choose to disable cookies in your browser, you can still use the Platform, although some of the features (e.g., storage of your preferences or login credentials) may not operate properly or as intended.
c. Third-Party Analytics
For more information about Google Analytics, please visit https://www.google.com/analytics.
d. From You.
Additional information that you voluntarily provide to us (either directly or via our social media pages).
e. Marketing Communications
How the Information May be Used and Shared
You authorize us to use the Personal Information, the Payment Information, the Geolocational Information, the Usage Information and the Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to provide and improve our Platform and services; to send you email correspondence (including marketing emails); to administer any contests, rewards, and other promotional programs that we decide to implement; to solicit your feedback; and to inform you about products and services that we believe are relevant to you.
You also authorize us to use and/or share Information as described below.
- You may receive communications regarding products and services through the Platform that originate from third parties. We will endeavor to sort and prioritize these communications based on their perceived relevance and importance to you as determined by WTO.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, customer service, marketing assistance, and administration of reward or promotional programs. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- We may analyze certain Information in anonymized and aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Platform and/or any products and services described therein. This aggregate information does not identify you We may share and/or license this aggregate data to our customers, affiliates, agents, business and promotional partners, and other third parties. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe the Platform and these products and services to current and prospective business partners and investors and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, or other companies under common control with us.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of WTO or others.
You may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any WTO marketing e-mail. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to the Platform (e.g., requests for support).
How We Protect Your Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases or the databases of the third parties with which we may share such Information, nor can we guarantee that the Information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to us may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Important Notices to Non-U.S. Residents
The Platform and its servers are operated in the United States and elsewhere. Please be aware that your Information, including your personal information, may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the Platform, you do so at your own risk.
California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to obtain certain information about the types of personal information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship (and that are not otherwise exempt) have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year, including the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. If you wish to submit a request pursuant to Section 1798.83, please contact us via email at [email protected]
Do Not Track
WTO does not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
Nevada Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain personal information to third parties who intend to license or sell that personal information. You can exercise this right by contacting us at [email protected] with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account. Please note that we do not currently sell your personal information as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A.
How to Contact Us