Effective as of March 2020
Acceptance of Terms
The Information We Collect and/or Receive
In the course of operating the Platform and/or interacting with you, WTO will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information. You authorize us to collect and/or receive such information.
- Personal Information
- Geolocational Information
While you are using the Platform on a mobile device, we may, with your consent, automatically collect geolocational information from your mobile device, wireless carrier, and/or certain third-party service providers. Such information is collectively called the “Geolocational Information.” Collection of Geolocational Information occurs only when the Platform is running on your mobile device. You may decline to allow us to collect Geolocational Information, but because the core functionality of the Platform requires this information, if you decline you will be unable to use the Platform on your mobile device.
- Other Information.
In addition to the Personal Information and the Geolocational Information, we may automatically collect or receive additional information regarding you and your use of our Platform as well as information regarding your computer or other devices used to access our Platform (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
a. From Your Activity
- IP address, which may consist of a static or dynamic IP address and will sometimes point to a specific identifiable computer or device;
- Browser type and language;
- Referring and exit pages and URLs;
- Date and time;
- Details regarding your activity on the Platform, such as search queries, ratings, amount of time spent viewing pages, and other performance and usage data.
b. From Your Device
- Type of device;
- Advertising Identifier (“IDFA” or “AdID”);
- Operating system and version (e.g., iOS, Android or Windows);
- Geo-location; and
- Network type (WiFi, 3G, 4G, LTE).
c. From Cookies
- authenticate users;
- personalize your experience;
- analyze which portions of the Platform are visited or used most frequently; and
- improve our advertising.
If you do not want WTO to deploy cookies in your browser, you can opt out by setting your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when a website tries to put a cookie in your browser software. If you choose to disable cookies in your browser, you can still use the Platform, although your ability to use some of the features (e.g., storage of your preferences or login credentials) may be affected.
d. Third-Party Analytics
For more information about Google Analytics, please visit https://www.google.com/analytics.
e. From You
Additional information that you voluntarily provide to us (either directly or via our social media pages), such as ratings of dishes and other information that does not identify you personally.
How the Information is Used and Shared
You authorize us to use the Personal Information, the Geolocational Information, and the Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to provide and improve our Platform and services; to administer any contests, rewards, and other promotional programs that we decide to implement; to solicit your feedback; and to inform you about products and services that we believe are relevant to you.
You also authorize us to use and/or share Information as described below.
- You may receive communications regarding products and services through the Platform that originate from third parties. We will endeavor to sort and prioritize these communications based on their perceived relevance and importance to you as determined by WTO. To be clear, we will not share your Personal Information with third parties (other than our service providers as described below) in connection with these communications.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, customer service, marketing assistance, and administration of reward or promotional programs. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- We may analyze certain Geolocational Information and Other Information in anonymized and aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Platform and/or any products and services described therein. This aggregate information does not identify you We may share and/or license this aggregate data to our customers, affiliates, agents, business and promotional partners, and other third parties. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe the Platform and these products and services to current and prospective business partners and investors and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, or other companies under common control with us.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of WTO or others.
Accessing and Modifying Information and Communication Preferences
If you have provided us any Personal Information, you may access, remove, review, and/or make changes to the same by contacting us as set forth below. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any WTO marketing e-mail. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in subscription databases. You cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to the Platform (e.g., requests for support).
How We Protect Your Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases or the databases of the third parties with which we may share such Information, nor can we guarantee that the Information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to us may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Important Notices to Non-U.S. Residents
The Platform and its servers are operated in the United States and elsewhere. Please be aware that your Information, including your Personal Information, may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the Platform, you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent to such transfer, processing, and use in the United States and elsewhere.
The Platform is not directed to children under the age of 13. WTO adheres to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and will not knowingly collect Personal Information from any child under the age of 13. We ask that minors (under the age of 13) not submit any Personal Information to us. If you are under the age of 13, you may use the Platform only with the consent of your parent or guardian.
If a child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us and request that such information be deleted from our records.
WTO does not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
How to Contact Us